Property/Sales and Use Tax Accountant
The successful candidate will provide top-tier, professional tax accounting support to Data Sales Co., Inc. and its subsidiaries. We are looking for a team player with the ability to work independently, handle multiple priorities, work under pressure and meet organizational deadlines.
Main Responsibilities Include:
- Ensure accurate preparation and filing of multi-state property, sales and use tax returns;
- Accurately record and reconcile transactions to the general ledger;
- Assist Lease Operations with the proper and accurate jurisdiction qualification and filings;
- Serve as back-up to the Staff Accountant with responsibilities in accounts payable, cash receipts processing and daily cash reporting;
- Contribute to special projects and various other accounting and finance duties, as needed;
- Consistently support compliance by maintaining privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and the Company's policies and procedures.
Preferred but not required: A Minimum of 2 years of multi-state property & sales and use tax.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and International Accounting experience is preferred;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel and Word) and integrated accounting systems, such as AS/400 or similar;
- General understanding of sales tax, property tax and other governmental reporting;
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP);
- Must be available for long, varied work hours, at times;
- Strong organization, time management and decision making skills and the ability to use their attention to detail to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions.
This is a full-time position with a full-time benefit package including Vacation, Sick, Medical, HSA, Supplemental Insurance, Dental, Life, LTD, AD&D and 401K. All successful candidates will have completed a successful background investigation and will have had a post offer pre-employment physical and drug screen scheduled. We welcome you to apply for this rewarding career and invite you to find out why Data Sales is an employer of choice in the South Metro. Apply now to start your new career today!
Interested Parties should e-mail résumé, cover letter and salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org or send to the HR Department , Data Sales Co., Inc. 3450 West Burnsville Parkway, Burnsville MN 55337